The fifty-eighth session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD58) will take place in February 2020, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. The Commission is the advisory body responsible for the social development pillar of global development.
Affordable housing and social protection systems for all to address homelessness
Provisional agenda and documentation
1. Election of officers.
2. Adoption of the agenda and other organizational matters.
3. Follow-up to the World Summit for Social Development and the twenty-fourth special session of the General Assembly: Documentation Report of the Secretary-General on the social dimensions of the New Partnership for Africa’s Development
(a) Priority theme: affordable housing and social protection systems for all to address homelessness; Documentation Report of the Secretary-General on affordable housing and social protection systems for all to address homelessness
(b) Review of relevant United Nations plans and programmes of action pertaining to the situation of social groups:
(i) Outcome document of the high-level meeting of the General Assembly on the realization of the Millennium Development Goals and other internationally agreed development goals for persons with disabilities: the way forward, a disability-inclusive development agenda towards 2015 and beyond; 1 (ii) World Programme of Action for Youth;
(iii) Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing, 2002;
(iv) Family issues, policies and programmes;
Download the provisional agenda and documentation for the CSocD58
English | Français | Español | Русский | عربي | 汉语
- UNDESA DISD facilitates the participation of NGOs in the sessions of the CSocD. NGOs that are accredited to the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) may designate representatives to attend the annual sessions of the CSocD. Learn more about the UN ECOSOC accreditation.
- Modalities of NGO Participation and Registration: Coming Soon..
- Sign up for NGOs to express interest in delivering an oral statement during the general discussion: Coming Soon..
- NGO Written Statements: Coming Soon..
- Expert Group Meeting on “Affordable housing and social protection systems for all to address homelessness”
In preparation for the CSocD58, UNDESA DISD will convene an Expert Group Meeting on the priority theme in Nairobi, Kenya, from 22 to 24 May 2019.