The fifty-eighth session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD58) will take place from 10 to 19 February 2020 in Conference Room 4, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. The Commission is the advisory body responsible for the social development pillar of global development.
In 2020, we are celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Commission and the 25th anniversary of the Copenhagen Declaration on Social Development. 2020 is a crucial year for the accelerated realization of inclusive societies and reducing inequalities everywhere for people of all ages.
Affordable housing and social protection systems for all to address homelessness
Provisional agenda and documentation
1. Election of officers.
2. Adoption of the agenda and other organizational matters.
3. Follow-up to the World Summit for Social Development and the twenty-fourth special session of the General Assembly: Documentation Report of the Secretary-General on the social dimensions of the New Partnership for Africa’s Development
(a) Priority theme: affordable housing and social protection systems for all to address homelessness; Documentation Report of the Secretary-General on affordable housing and social protection systems for all to address homelessness
(b) Review of relevant United Nations plans and programmes of action pertaining to the situation of social groups:
Download the provisional agenda and documentation for the CSocD58
English | Français | Español | Русский | عربي | 汉语
- UNDESA DISD facilitates the participation of NGOs in the sessions of the CSocD. NGOs that are accredited to the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) may designate representatives to attend the annual sessions of the CSocD. Learn more about the UN ECOSOC accreditation.
- Modalities of NGO Participation and Registration: Deadline is 20 January 2020.
- Sign up for NGOs to express interest in delivering an oral statement during the general discussion: Coming Soon…
- NGO Written Statements: Deadline is now CLOSED.
- Online application form for side events. The deadline is 6 January 2020.
- Expert Group Meeting on “Affordable housing and social protection systems for all to address homelessness”
In preparation for the CSocD58, UNDESA DISD will convene an Expert Group Meeting on the priority theme in Nairobi, Kenya, from 22 to 24 May 2019.