The fifty-seventh session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD57) will take place from 11 to 21 February 2019, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. The Commission is the advisory body responsible for the social development pillar of global development.
Priority Theme for the 2019 Session:
Addressing inequalities and challenges to social inclusion through fiscal, wage and social protection policies
Review of relevant United Nations plans and programmes of action pertaining to the situation of social groups:
- Standard Rules on the Equalization of Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities
- World Programme of Action for Youth
- Madrid International Plan of Action on Ageing, 2002
- Family issues, policies and programmes
Members of the Bureau:
The Bureau of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD) plays a vital role in facilitating the preparation for, and in ensuring the successful outcome of the session. The Bureau for the 57th session (2019) comprises the following members: Coming soon…
Organization of the Session:
- Expert Group Meeting on “Addressing Inequalities and Challenges to Social Inclusion through Fiscal, Wage and Social Protection Policies”
In preparation for the CSocD57, UNDESA DISD convened an Expert Group Meeting on the priority theme in New York from 25 to 27 June 2018.
- UNDESA DISD facilitates the participation of NGOs in the sessions of the CSocD. NGOs that are accredited to the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) may designate representatives to attend the annual sessions of the CSocD. Learn more about the UN ECOSOC accreditation.
- Modalities of NGO Participation and Registration: Deadline is 28 January 2019.
- NGO Written Statements
- Written and Oral Statements
- Online Application for Side Events: Deadline is 4 January 2019.
Spread the Word!
- Follow us on twitter @UNDESASocial and on Facebook at facebook.com/commissionsocial
- Use #CSocD57 for all your tweets on the 57th Commission for Social Development
- Planning a special event for #CSocD57? We want to know! Tweet or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Report of the CSocD56 Session
English | Français | Español | Русский | عربي | 汉语