Statements made by Non-Governmental Organizations, International Organizations and United Nations System
Tuesday 2 February
Mr. Sha Zukang, Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs.
- Civil Society Declaration
- Recommendations: 48th Session Commission on Social Development by the NGO Committee for Social Development.
Wednesday 3 February
- Opening Statement by H.E. Mr. Leslie Kojo Christian, Ambassador, Chairperson of the Commission for Social Development, Permanent Representative of Ghana to the United Nations.
- H.E. Mr. Hamidon Ali, President of Economic and Social Council.
- Mr. Sha Zukang, Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs.
- Mr. Jean Pierre Gonnot, Acting Director Division for Social Policy and Development.
Panel Discussion in Commemoration of the 15th Anniversary of the World Summit for Social Development
- Keynote Address delivered by Mr. Jimi O. Adesina, PhD, Professor of Sociology, Rhodes University, South Africa.
- H.E. Mr. Rudolf Hundstorfer, Minister of Labour, Social Affairs and Consumer Protection of Austria
- H.E. Mr. Enrique Deibe, Secretary of Employment in the Ministry of Labor, Employment and Social Security of Argentina
- Mr. CHUA Hoi Wai, Business Director of the Hong Kong Council of Social Service, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China
Thursday 4 February
Panel Discussion on “Social Integration and its relationship with Poverty Eradication and Full Employment and Decent Work for All”
- Keynote Address (in Spanish ) delivered by Dr. Beatriz Merino is the President of the Iberoamerican Federation of Ombudsman, and the National Ombudsman of Peru.
- H.E. Mr. J. Piet Hein Donner, Minister of Social Affairs and Employment of the Netherlands.
- Dr. Servacius B. Likwelile, Chief Executive Director of the Tanzania Social Action Fund (TASAF) in the Office of the President of the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Professor Vojtech Tkác, Adviser to the Minister, Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Family of Slovakia.
Friday 5 February
- Mr. Shuaib Chalklen, Special Rapporteur on Disability of the Commission for Social Development.
Monday 8 February
Emerging Issues, Item 3(c): Policy responses on employment and the social consequences of the financial and economic crisis, including its gender dimension
Presentation delivered by Mr. Jomo Kwame Sundaram,Assistant Secretary-General on Economic Development, United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA).