UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues Twenty-First Session: 25 April-6 May 2022
The theme of the 21st session of the UN Permanent Forum on indigenous Issues (UNPFII21) is “Indigenous peoples, business, autonomy and the human rights principles of due diligence including free, prior and informed consent”.
The UNPFII21 will take place from at the United Nations Headquarters, New York.
All the meetings of the Forum will be streamed online at webtv.un.org.
Provisional agenda of the twenty-first session of the Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues
- Election of officers.
- Adoption of the agenda and organization of work.
- Discussion on the theme “Indigenous peoples, business, autonomy and the human rights principles of due diligence, including free, prior and informed consent”.
- Discussion on the six mandated areas of the Permanent Forum (economic and social development, culture, environment, education, health and human rights), with reference to the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, the outcome document of the World Conference on Indigenous Peoples and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
(a) Dialogue with indigenous peoples;
(b) Dialogue with Member States;
(c) Dialogue with the United Nations agencies, funds and programmes;
(d) Human rights dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on the rights of indigenous peoples and the Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples;
(e) Regional dialogues: Indigenous peoples and pandemic recovery;
(f) Thematic dialogues: International Decade of Indigenous Languages 2022–2032.
- Future work of the Permanent Forum, including issues considered by the Economic and Social Council and emerging issues.
- Provisional agenda of the twenty-second session of the Permanent Forum.
For more information, please visit: https://bit.ly/unpfii21-en.