The impact of COVID-19 on older persons in low-and-middle-income countries
There have been wide differences in the impact of the pandemic around the world: it has affected countries, continents and social groups differently.
This webinar is aimed at policymakers, social development NGOs, social, health, and equality experts, and academics who are interested in these topics.
COVID-19 and its impact on older people in low-and-middle-income countries – 29 June 2021
07:00-09:00 New York time EST, 13:00-15:00 Brussels CET, 19:00-21:00 Manila PST
Distinguished panel of speakers:
- Professor Peter Lloyd-Sherlock, School of Development Studies, University of East Anglia, UK
- Dr Yuka Sumi, Ageing and Health Unit, WHO Headquarters, Geneva
- Eduardo Klien, HelpAge International
- Dr Alexandre Sidorenko, European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research
- Dr Hiromasa Okayasu, WHO Western Pacific Region
- Dr Beverly Ho, Department of Health, The Philippines
Register here in advance for this meeting
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
The webinar will be on Zoom in English and make use of closed captioning.