“Indigenous Voices at the HLPF” is a one-day space for indigenous media to cover the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development 2017 through indigenous worldviews, perspectives and languages. Indigenous journalists and speakers will broadcast information about the six Sustainable Development Goals under review in 2017, the outcomes of the Voluntary National Reviews and the 2017 HLPF Theme: “Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world”.
Highlights from the Programme:
- 6 SDG reflection sessions: indigenous speakers will analyse the 6 SDGs under review in 2017
- 4 panels: indigenous perspectives on the 2030 Agenda, the 2017 theme and progress so far
- Individual interviews: indigenous participants will interview their governments on theexperience of the 2017 Voluntary National Reviews
- Indigenous story tellers will tell inspiring stories from their ancestors about Mother Earth
Indigenous representatives, youth, activists, parliamentarians and academics are attending the High-Level Political Forum as part of the Indigenous Peoples Major Group and will share their stories.
“Indigenous Voices” will start on 17 July 2017 from 9 AM to 6 PM.
The UN Correspondent Association Lounge on the 3rd floor of the UN Secretariat Building, New York.
“Indigenous Voices” interviews and panels will be streamed through:
- Facebook Page of the Indigenous Peoples Major Group Facebook
- Facebook Page of the UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues facebook/unpfii/
- Facebook Page of NOTIMIA (Indigenous News Organization): facebook.com/notimia/