The Expert Meeting on Monitoring and Evaluation for Disability-inclusive Development, organized by SCRPD/DSPD/UNDESA, is intended to take stock of progress made in monitoring and evaluation for disability-inclusive development, in particular in the context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and to contribute to preparation of the 2018 United Nations flagship report on disability and development (A/RES/69/142).
The meeting will include experts, researchers and practitioners from the UN system, academic institutions, Member States, non-governmental organizations, particularly disabled persons’ organizations, and development partners with experience and expertise in the areas of monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the international development goals, including expertise in policy-analysis, monitoring and evaluation relevant for disability-inclusive development.
The objectives of this meeting are:
- to share ongoing work on disability among participants;
- to discuss the content and outline of the 2018 UN flagship report;
- to follow up on the work of the task teams for the 2018 UN flagship report and identify interlinkages across the topics covered by the different teams;
- to further identify collaborations for the production of the report;
- to refine the work plan and timeline for the production of the 2018 UN flagship report.
Further details and the EGM agenda (will be posted soon)