Imagine the world in 2030, fully inclusive of persons with disabilities
Goal 16: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Significantly reduce all forms of violence and related death rates everywhere.
- End abuse, exploitation, trafficking and all forms of violence against and torture of children.
- Promote the rule of law at the national and international levels and ensure equal access to justice for all.
- By 2030, significantly reduce illicit financial and arms flows, strengthen the recovery and return of stolen assets and combat all forms of organised crime.
- Substantially reduce corruption and bribery in all their forms.
- Develop effective, accountable and transparent institutions at all levels.
- Ensure responsive, inclusive, participatory and representative decision-making at all levels.
- Broaden and strengthen the participation of developing countries in the institutions of global governance.
- By 2030, provide legal identity for all, including birth registration.
- Ensure public access to information and protect fundamental freedoms, in accordance with national legislation and international agreements.
- Strengthen relevant national institutions, including through international cooperation, for building capacity at all levels, in particular in developing countries, to prevent violence and combat terrorism and crime.
- Promote and enforce non-discriminatory laws and policies for sustainable development.
Forward your comments, suggestions, references and/or new information of the SDGs and persons with disabilities to email@example.com or follow @UNEnable on Facebook and Twitter and use hashtag#Envision2030 to join the global conversation and help create a world that is fully inclusive of persons with disabilities by 2030.
(Further suggestions for resources related to the above Goal are welcome – Email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- General Comments by the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Standard Rules on the Equalization of Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities
- Principles for the protection of persons with mental illness and the improvement of mental health care
- Strategy Paper: Access to Justice for Persons with Disabilities: An Emerging Strategy, David Allen Larson, 2014
- Disability Justice (an online legal platform dedicated to protecting the rights of persons with disabilities)