The Fifty-Fifth Session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD55) will take place from 1 to 10 February 2017 at United Nations Headquarters in New York under the priority theme “Strategies for the eradication of poverty to achieve sustainable development for all”.
From 30-31 January 2017, a Civil Society Forum will be convened at UN Headquarters. The Forum is hosted jointly by UNDESA-DSPD, the NGO Committee for Social Development and the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung. Register here.
- Provisional agenda and documentation for the CSocD55: English | Français | Español | Русский | عربي | 汉语
- Download the 2016 Civil Society Declaration in English | French | Spanish
- EGM on Strategies for Eradicating Poverty to Achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), June 2016
- Online Registration: CLOSED.
- Submissions of written statements: CLOSED.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Side Events: CLOSED. The list is available at CSocD55 website: http://bit.ly/csocd55
- Requests to make oral presentations: CLOSED. Please note that there are no guarantees that you will be given the opportunity to speak during the Session.
For Representatives who do NOT have a UN grounds pass:
· Please bring your letter of confirmation (can be downloaded online at: http://bit.ly/register-csocd55 once your representatives are APPROVED via CSONet) and a government issued photo identification (passports, state issued driver’s license and similar documents) to facilitate the issuance of your Temporary Ground‐Pass.
· Registration will take place in the United Nations Pass and ID office located at 320 East 45th Street (between 1st and 2nd Avenue). See Google Map here.
· Please wear your Temporary Ground‐Pass with you all time during the Commission, because it will be the ONLY pass valid for Non‐UN Ground Pass holders to enter the UN building and CSocD55 conference rooms.
For Representatives who have a UN grounds pass:
Please bring your UN ground pass to our desk located in the balcony of conference room 4 so we can mark you as having attended. * This is VERY IMPORTANT for our CSocD’s final report (under Attendance) which includes the list of the NGOs who attended the session.
The registration hours will be the following:
Tuesday, 31 Jan. 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 1 Feb. 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Thursday, 2 Feb. 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Friday, 3 Feb. 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Monday, 6 Feb. 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
For the 7, 8, 9 and 10 Feb. from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: UN Security Staff will help you. Please make sure you bring your letter of confirmation and your government issued photo identification so they can issue your Temporary Grounds‐Pass.
DSPD’s Civil Society and Outreach Unit held a briefing for ECOSOC accredited NGOs on the rules and procedures for the submission of written statements to the CSocD55. The briefing took place on Monday September 26th from 1-3pm at the Baha’i International Community Board Room, 866 UN Plaza.
Please update your NGO profile using our integrated Civil Society Organizations (iCSO) System. Please note that NGOs MUST update their organizational profile before pre-registration. The login details are the same as for the online pre-registration in the Civil Society Network (CSO Net).
Apply for ECOSOC Consultative Status
Spread the Word !
Follow us on twitter @undesadspd
Use #CSocD55 for all you tweets on the 55th Session of the Commission for Social Development
Planning a special activity? We want to know! Tweet or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org