Resident Coordinators System
We, the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs, are committed to support the resident coordinator system and the new generations of the United Nations Country Teams to expand the UN policy support to Member States.
We will do so by leveraging our multidisciplinary expertise and mandates to reinforce the Secretary-General’s thought leadership on emerging issues and to provide substantive and strategic guidance to the resident coordinators’ and the United Nations country teams’ to support the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
UN DESA’s multidisciplinary expertise and mandates cover the following areas:
- Data and statistics
- Demographic trends and analysis
- Social inclusion of marginalized groups
- Macroeconomic analysis and forecast
- Integrated policy analysis
- Science and technology for the SDGs, including science-policy interface
- LDC graduation strategies and international support measures
- Financing for development, including resources mobilization
- Sustainable forest management and financing
- Sustainable development issues related to water, oceans, energy and transport
- Institutional development and public service delivery
WHAT we offer
Technical guidance and support on:
- Data and Statistics for Evidence-based Policy
- Policy Coherence
- Social Policy for Sustainable Development and Inclusion to Leave No One Behind (LNOB)
- Public Institutions and Integrated & Inclusive Approaches for the Implementation of 2030 Agenda
- Means of Implementation
As the UN Secretariat entity mandated to support the review of progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the High-Level Political Forum (HLPF), including through the Voluntary National Reviews (VNRs), we also provide guidance and support for the preparation of the VNRs.
HOW we deliver
We provide our support through knowledge networks, technical advisory services, online and in-person training workshops, seminars/webinars, and longer-term capacity development projects at the request of Member States and resident coordinators, and in collaboration with the UN country teams and other UN and non-UN partners.