- UN DESA supports governments, UN resident coordinators, and the UN country teams to build national capacities to develop effective partnerships for the SDGs. It provides access to a wealth of knowledge, good practices, learning material, online training tools and direct training support on partnerships for a variety of purposes as well as an e-learning course for government officials on tools and methodologies to establish effective partnerships for the SDGs.
Key Resources and Tools
- The 2030 Agenda Partnership Accelerator – a collaborative initiative by UN DESA and The Partnering Initiative, in cooperation with the UN Office for Partnerships, the Global Compact, and the Development Coordination Office, to accelerate and scale up effective partnerships for the SDGs. A central focus of the initiative is to bolster effective country driven partnerships and partnership platforms, including through national partnership workshops. This initiative is currently being implemented in Kenya, Maldives, Samoa, Mexico, Thailand and Sri Lanka.
- Partnerships for SDGs Platform– an online platform to inform, monitor and facilitate multi-stakeholder partnerships and voluntary commitments announced at various UN conferences – including the 2020 and 2017 Ocean Conference, the 2016 Global Sustainable Transport Conference, the 2014 SIDS Conference, and the 2012 Rio+20 Conference. The Platform provides a space for sharing knowledge and expertise among different actors that are engaged in multi-stakeholder SDG-related partnerships.
- Knowledge Network on Oceans: composed of nine thematic multi-stakeholder Communities of Ocean Action (COAs). These were launched by UNDESA to follow up on the implementation of the voluntary commitments made in the context of the high-level United Nations Conference to Support the Implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14. The COAs are intended to catalyze and generate new voluntary commitments and to facilitate collaboration and networking amongst different actors in support of SDG 14.
- Partnership Platforms for the SDGs – provides access to recent research on partnership platforms – drawing out practices from existing and emerging platforms that catalyze new national partnerships to drive implementation of the SDGs
- The SDG Partnership Guidebook – a new practical guide for developing and scoping out effective high impact multi-stakeholder partnerships for the SDGs
- Maximizing the impact of partnerships for the SDGs – a guide to understand and maximize the value of collaborations for advancing the SDGs
- Small Island Developing States Partnership Toolbox – tools for enhancing capacity around the design, monitoring, and reviewing of partnerships for SIDS, building on the consultations for the 2019 SAMOA Pathway High-level Review.