UNOCT-PAM Joint High-Level Virtual Event on the “Challenges of the post-territorial ISIL context”
The United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT) and the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM) will hold a high-level virtual meeting on assessing the challenges of the post territorial ISIL context. The high-level opening is open to media.
• Senator Alia Bouran, PAM President Emeritus and President of the First Standing Committee on Political and Security-related Cooperation,
• Honorable Gennaro Migliore, Chair of the PAM Special Parliamentary Committee on Counterterrorism,
• Mr. Vladimir Voronkov, Under-Secretary-General of UNOCT,
• H.E. Mr. Ahmed Bin Abdullah Al Mahmoud, Speaker of the Shura Council of Qatar
• Ms. Michèle Coninsx, Assistant Secretary-General and Executive Director of the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Committee Executive Directorate (CTED)
15 February 2021, at 10 am New York time
Members of Parliament play a critical role in preventing and countering terrorism and violent extremism, working hand-in-hand with Governments. The agreement provides a framework for fostering the engagement of parliamentarians from the Euro-Mediterranean and Gulf regions in the implementation of the United Nations Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy and relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions. With generous support of the Shura Council of the State of Qatar, UNOCT is opening a Programme Office on Parliamentary Engagement in Preventing and Countering Terrorism in Doha in the second half of 2021 to foster collaboration with the global parliamentary community and multilateral parliamentary organizations.
- Ms. Laurence Gerard, UNOCT, firstname.lastname@example.org - www.un.org/counterterrorism - @UN_OCT
- Visit the website of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean
- Agenda of the meeting
- Concept note
- Press Release
- Remarks by USG Voronkov, UNOCT