The United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) in this Decade of Action for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) developed a series of workshops for capacity-building oriented to universities and colleges around the world, to provide training and enhance skills related to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development while fostering the involvement of these institutions of higher education as valuable stakeholders to achieve the Goals. Please see below the details of the next workshop in this series:
Topic: IMPACTFUL RESEARCH TOWARDS THE 2030 AGENDA
Date: Wednesday 8 June, 2022
Time: 11:30am - 1:00pm (New Delhi) / 12:00pm - 1:30pm (Almaty) / 2:00pm - 3:30pm (Beijing) / 4:00pm - 5:30pm (Melbourne) / 6:00 - 7:30pm (Auckland)
RSVP/Registration form: CLOSED
We kindly inform you that we reached maximum capacity for our SDGs workshop. We will publish the video recording of this activity as soon as it becomes available.
Please note that no certificate of attendance or participation will be provided.
Objective: This workshop will highlight how research conducted in academia is helping to advance the SDGs using the expertise and knowledge of scholars and scientists while reducing the gap between research and policy, enforcing at the same time the nexus between them.
- Ms. Van Nguyen, Sustainable Development Officer, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
- Dr. Serge Stinckwich, Head of Research, United Nations University Institute in Macau
- Dr. Aizhan Smailova, Director of the Ban Ki-moon Institute for Sustainable Development, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (Kazakhstan)
- Dr. Maneesha Vinodini Ramesh, Dean of the School for Sustainable Development and UNESCO Chair on Experiential Learning for Sustainable Innovation and Development, Amrita University (India)
- Dr. Xufeng Zhu, Professor and Associate Dean at the School of Public Policy and Management and Executive Director of the Institute for Sustainable Development Goals, Tsinghua University (China)
- Prof. Tony Capon, Director of the Monash Sustainable Development Institute, Monash University (Australia)
- Prof. Gillian Lewis, Associate Dean of Sustainability at the Faculty of Science, University of Auckland (New Zealand)