When the world seemed to be on pause due to the COVID-19 outbreak, healthcare workers were on the frontline fighting a pandemic like no other in our lifetime.
In Africa, like in the rest of the world, doctors, nurses, midwives, pharmacists, paramedics, physicians, dentists, ambulance drivers, and many others are giving their all to save lives, amid various challenges. Their dedication and selflessness have made a huge difference in the overall response to the pandemic.
It is for this reason that Africa Renewal ̶ the United Nation’s flagship publication on Africa ̶ is running an online campaign to celebrate those heroines and heroes on the COVID-19 frontline in Africa. We will publish their stories on our website and on Facebook and Twitter.
While appreciating their bravery, determination and endurance, we are also underlining the importance of their work at a time of crisis like this.
WHAT: Online campaign to appreciate healthcare workers in Africa
WHO: Doctors, nurses, lab technicians, medical officers, radiologists, midwives, medical aides, paramedics, pharmacists, ambulance drivers, volunteers, etc.
WHY: To let healthcare workers know that they are appreciated and to encourage them in their work
WHEN: Starting 18 May – July 2020
HOW: By showcasing their stories on Africa Renewal website and Facebook & Twitter.
How you can participate? 2 ways: fill the form below or email us
Are you a healthcare worker on the COVID-19 frontline in Africa? Send us your story (answering the questions below) & photos at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us a bit about yourself? (Name, age, city/town, country, occupation, name of your workplace)
- How long have you been working as a healthcare worker? What made you choose a career in healthcare? Any fears or regrets?
- How are you helping fight COVID-19 in your country? How has your work changed since COVID-19 broke out?
- What affects you most in this COVID-19 situation? What keeps you going and how are you coping?
- What strategy, in your view, has worked well in this fight and what has not? What should be done to win the war against COVID-19?
- What is your message to people in your country, and to others in Africa, at this time of COVID-19?
Do you know a healthcare worker on the COVID-19 frontline in Africa? Nominate them by emailing answers to the questions below to email@example.com
- Your name, city and country
- Name of the healthcare worker you are nominating?
- Name of their city & country?
- Name of the hospital or health facility where they work?
- Name of city & country?
- Reason why you are nominating them?