WOMEN OWNED BUSINESSES
The UN Secretariat is dedicated to providing opportunities to Women Owned Businesses, in line with Sustainable Development Goal #5 – of achieving gender equality and empowering all women and girls.
Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right, but a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous, and sustainable world.
The United Nations Secretariat is dedicated to increasing the participation of Women Owned Business in its procurement of goods and services. The Office of Supply Chain Management will continue to both support and develop initiatives that promote this goal.
The United Nations continues to engage in partnerships to leverage resources and develop new initiatives towards achieving its goals to break down the barriers that prevent women owned businesses in participating in the global marketplace.
UNITED NATIONS SECRETARIAT INITIATIVES FOR WOMEN OWNED BUSINESSES
- Capacity Building for Women Owned Businesses
- Women's Empowerment Principles initiative for UN Secretariat Suppliers
FURTHER INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
- Information about WEConnect International can be found at: www.weconnectinternational.org
- Information about UN upcoming business seminars can be found at: https://www.un.org/Depts/ptd/business-seminar
- United Nations Global Marketplace - https://www.ungm.org/
- More about Sustainable Development Goal #5: https://sdgs.un.org/goals/goal5
- UN Women: https://www.unwomen.org/en