Home button Forms button FAQs button Links button

Frequently Asked Questions


What happens if the United Nations overpaid my New York State estimated tax but owes me tax on other states such as New Jersey ?

The reimbursement system is set up in such a way that all states tax settlements are consolidated into one. If the UN overpaid your New York State estimated tax but owes you tax on New Jersey , depending on the situation, one of the two following scenarios will happen.

Case 1. UN overpaid New York $1,000 and owed staff member US$300 for New Jersey tax.

The net amount of US$700 ($1,000 less $300) will be applied to next year's New York State advance.

Case 2. UN overpaid New York US$400 and owed staff member $1,000 for New Jersey Tax.

The net amount of US$600 ($1,000 less $400) will be settled with a check payable to the staff member.

un.org | Acknowledgements 
  Last updated: 14-Mar-2012 

web site traffic tracking
Travelocity Coupon