Home button Forms button FAQs button Links button

Frequently Asked Questions


Who is subject to U.S. income taxation on UN earnings?

U.S. citizens and permanent residents who have signed the Waiver of rights, privileges, exemptions and immunities (the waiver) are subject to U.S. income tax on their UN earnings (latest tax circular). In addition, U.S. citizens serving in the U.S. are also subject to self-employment tax on their UN earnings. The UN reimburses those staff members who have to pay the U.S. income taxes due on their UN earnings as well as one half of the related self-employment taxes payable by U.S. citizens.


un.org | Acknowledgements 
  Last updated: 14-Mar-2012 

web site traffic tracking
Travelocity Coupon