(UNFCCC) 26 May 2014 — To celebrate the International Year of Small Island Developing States (SIDS) 2014, the UNFCCC secretariat is offering 2 five-months fellowships to young professionals from the region who are interested in contributing to the work on climate change adaptation or on gender and youth related dimensions of climate action.
These fellowship awards are made available thanks to the generous financial contribution of the Government of Norway.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility:
- Be a SIDS national
- Be employed by a SIDS government or government institution/organization
- Be 24 and 35 years of age
- Have experience or knowledge in the areas of either climate change adaptation, or gender and/or youth and climate change
- Have preferably completed a Master degree, or equivalent
- Have a good communication skills in English.
The application form will be available on 5 June. For full details of programme and requirements, read here.