The Office of the Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth and UN Women are proud to announce the upcoming panel discussion “Young Women and Girls: Leaders of Today, for a Better Tomorrow”, which will be hosted at UN headquarters on 13 February 2014.
Out of a global youth population of 1.8 billion, approximately half are girls and young women. Young women face a double burden, as a consequence of not only being young, but also being female. Gender related issues remain a major barriers towards young women and girls’ empowerment.
The event will focus on young women and girls’ empowerment and leadership, and their role in achieving sustainable development and influencing positive change. In parallel, the event will also look at the main challenges that must be overcome to ensure young women’s voices are heard.
With the participation of:
- Ms. Lakshmi Puri, Deputy Executive Director of UN Women
- H.E. Ms. Bénédicte Frankinet, Permanent Representative of Belgium
- H.E. Mr. Masood Khan, Permanent Representative of Pakistan
- Ms. Stacy Martinet, Chief Marketing Officer, Mashable
- Ms. Chapa Pereira, Youth Delegate from Sri Lanka
- Ms. Ralien Bekkers, Youth Delegate from the Netherlands
Moderated by Mr. Ahmad Alhendawi, Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth
The RSVP, please click here.
The final registration date for this event is 8 February 2014.