- Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), African Centre for Gender and Development (ACGD)
[ www.uneca.org ]
The African Centre for Gender and Development (ACGD) services national, regional and sub-regional bodies involved in development issues related to gender and the advancement of women.
- OCHA/Integrated Regional Information Network (IRIN)
[ www.irinnews.org ]
Information on humanitarian issues in Africa and Asia. Includes searchable database with information on gender issues, and country profiles.
- Anglophone West Africa Office
[ www.unifem.org ]
Newsletter produced by the Anglophone West Africa Regional Office and distributed by e-mail four times per year. Its mission is to provide timely information on women's issues and UNIFEM activities in the English-speaking countries of West Africa. UNIFEM, 2005-
- Gender, Remittances and Development: Preliminary Findings from Selected SADC Countries
[ www.un-instraw.org ]
Gender, Remittances and Development: Preliminary Findings from Selected SADC Countries highlights the growing impact of women’s migration on households, families and communities in selected countries of the Southern African Development Community (SADC).
- Gender and Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: Issues and Evidence (UNU, 2006)
[ www.wider.unu.edu ]
The study suggests that gender inequality acts as a significant constraint to growth in sub-Saharan Africa, and that removing gender-based barriers to growth will make a substantial contribution to realizing Africa's economic potential. (United Nations University WIDER Reserch Paper, 2006)
- Johannesburg Position on Women and Girls' Rights and HIV/AIDS in Africa
[ www.unifem.org ]
To prepare a plan that outlines African women's perspectives and rights, a meeting was convened in Johannesburg, South Africa, in April 2006. The meeting resulted in the Johannesburg Position on Women and Girls' Rights and HIV/AIDS in Africa.
- UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre: Trafficking in human beings, especially women and children, in Africa
[ www.unicef-icdc.org ]
Languages: English | French
Issue no. 9 of Innocenti Insights focuses on trafficking in Africa with information from 53 African countries.
- IFAD's Gender Strengthening Programme in Eastern and Southern Africa
[ www.ifad.org ]
- UNIDO: Women Entrepreneurship Development in Selected African Countries
[ www.unido.org ]