As part of an ongoing renovation and restoration project to make the United Nations Headquarters in New York a safer, more modern, and more energy-efficient complex for delegates, staff, and visitors, the General Assembly Building will be closed for renovations in June 2013. The Visitor Centre will thus be relocated from the General Assembly Building ( 45th Street & 1st Avenue) to the Dag Hammarskjöld Library Building (42nd Street & 1st Avenue) effective 1 June 2013 . We expect to be at this temporary location until 2015. While guided tours will continue throughout the period of renovation, we anticipate significant changes in terms of access and availability of tours. As a first step, we have modified our booking procedures and ask for your patience and understanding during this period of transition.
Learn more about our ticket prices, tour schedules and hours of operation by reading our entire group bookings policy:
- Present payment, which is due upon arrival, in one lump sum to the cashier
- We accept cash; school or organizational checks; money orders
- Personal checks are not accepted
- Make checks payable to UN GUIDED TOURS
- Please do not mail payments
Reservations are required for groups of 20 or more persons.
If this is the first time you reserve a tour, or if you have new credit card information, please send us an email request to email@example.com, making sure to include the following information:
- School/group/company name
- Contact information (contact name/address/phone number)
- Specify desired date and time, with alternatives. Make sure to check our calendar for available dates.
- Group size (number, specifying if adults/students/children/seniors; see price chart)
- Language preference
- Cancellation policy form, completed with credit card information and duly signed. We need the actual signature of the cardholder otherwise your request cannot be processed. The form should be faxed to 212-963-0071, or scanned as a pdf/jpg and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Credit card information is requested only to hold your group reservation, payment is due upon arrival.
If you booked with us previously, and we have updated credit card information, just call us at 212-963-4440 or email us at email@example.com to check availability and to book your tour.
If your group consists of less than 20, a reservation can also be made for a private tour, with a flat fee rate currently at $320 (equivalent to 20 adults).
Or you can take a public tour (no reservation required) and pay the corresponding charges; just purchase your tickets at the cashier's desk in the Visitors Lobby, check price chart.
Guided Tours are offered on weekdays ONLY. We are no longer offering Audio tours.
Please note that the following explains current availability for group reservations:
May 1, 2, 3, 7, 10, 17, 21, 23, 24, 29, 30 and 31 are fully booked and no longer availble for new reservations.
Currently we are not taking reservations due to construction for these months. For more information, see 2013 Reservations? What you need to know.
UNITED NATIONS OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS CALENDAR:
In 2013 the United Nations will be closed to the public on the following holidays, Guided Tours of UN Headquarters will not be available:
- January: 1 New Year's Day
- February: 18 President's Day
- March: 29 Good Friday
- May: 27 Memorial Day
- July: 4 Independence Day
- August: 8 Eid al-Fitr (observed)
- September: 2 Labour Day
- October: 15 Eid al-Adha
- November: 28 Thanksgiving Day
- December: 25 Christmas Day