Division for Palestinian Rights
As mandated by the United Nations General Assembly, DPA’s Division for Palestinian Rights provides substantive support to the Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People, established by the General Assembly in 1975, the sole UN body exclusively devoted to the question of Palestine.
- Serves as secretariat of the Committee;
- Monitors political and other relevant developments;
- Organizes a programme of international meetings and conferences;
- Implements a publications programme;
- Develops and maintains the United Nations Information System on the Question of Palestine (UNISPAL);
- Cooperates with civil society organizations active on the issue;
- Organizes the annual observance of the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People;
- Conducts an annual training programme for staff of the Palestinian Authority.