What should you do to prepare?27 April 2009
You should be prepared for the possibility that in a pandemic many supplies will be limited and mobility will be greatly reduced. Be sure to take the necessary steps to have your affairs in order and plenty of critical supplies on hand.
- Ensure ample supplies of ongoing and routine medica-tions for self and family.
- Ensure medical insurance coverage.
- Purchase thermometers for each member of the family.
- Stockpile hygiene products, water, and food for six weeks.
- Ensure passport, visa or permits are valid for staying put and for travel.
- Update the emergency contact information that your or-ganization has on file for you and your family.