- WHAT AIRLINES SERVE THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA?
- IS TRANSPORTATION FROM/TO THE AIRPORT PROVIDED BY DPI OR THE HOSTS OF THE CONFERENCE?
- HOW CAN I GET AROUND INCHEON? WHAT ARE THE EXPENSES?
- WHAT IS THE TEMPERATURE IN AUGUST IN INCHEON?
- WHAT SHOULD I PUT IN MY SUITCASE BEFORE I LEAVE?
- DO I NEED VACCINATIONS?
- WHICH PLACES CAN VISIT IN THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA AFTER THE CONFERENCE?
- WHOM CAN I ASK OTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT TRAVEL?
WHAT AIRLINES SERVE THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA?
- The Republic of Korea has two international airports: Incheon and Gimpo. Most of international flights arrive at Incheon International Airport ( http://www.airport.kr/eng/), except a few flights from neighboring countries.
- A number of international airlines operate regular services to and from Incheon International Airport. Participants are advised to secure their return bookings prior to their departure for Incheon.
- Some examples are: Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Air China, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Air India, Lufthansa, KLM, Qatar Airways, Air France, Thai Airways, Aeroflot, Turkish Airlines, Japan Airlines etc.
- The two main international airlines in the Republic of Korea are Korean Air and Asiana Airlines. Check out travel agencies that offer discounted packages for students.
IS TRANSPORTATION FROM/TO THE AIRPORT PROVIDED BY DPI OR THE HOSTS OF THE CONFERENCE?
- Once you have been selected for GMUN 2011, you will be notified whether such arrangements will be made.
Individual arrangements from the airport to the city centre include:
- A variety of buses: check this link for options and prices:( http://www.airport.kr/airport/traffic/bus/busList.iia?flag=E&fake=1295986514639)
- The Airport Express (AREX) line connects Incheon International Airport and Gimpo Airport to the Incheon Subway at Gyeyang station and Seoul Metropolitan Subway at Gimpo Airport station.
HOW CAN I GET AROUND INCHEON? WHAT ARE THE EXPENSES?
- This information will be posted soon in the Logistics section of the website.
WHAT IS THE TEMPERATURE IN AUGUST IN INCHEON?
- The hot months of summer last from June to early September. In general, temperatures range from 22-29 °C (71.6-84.2 °F) during August. The rainy season stretches from July to mid August.
WHAT SHOULD I PUT IN MY SUITCASE BEFORE I LEAVE?
- Lightweight cottons and linens
- Business attire for the conference
- Waterproof jacket
- Medicine kit
DO I NEED VACCINATIONS?
- No vaccinations are required in order to enter the Republic of Korea.
WHICH PLACES CAN VISIT IN THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA AFTER THE CONFERENCE?
1-2 hours drive
4-5 hours drive
- Seoul is South Korea's principal tourist destination, welcoming millions of visitors every year. Seoul can also boast four UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Changdeokgung (palace), Jongmyo Shrine and the Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dynasty.
- Folk Village is the place where you can get a real feeling of what it was like to live in Korea hundreds of years ago. The most well known is the Korean Folk Village located in Suwon.
2-3 days trip
- Mount Seoraksan is located in the Gangwon. It boasts oddly shaped rock formations, dense forests and abundant wildlife. Province in eastern region of the Republic of Korea.
- Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) - As one of the last relics of the Cold War, the DMZ attracts a great deal of public interest, and is a popular destination for travelers visiting the Republic of Korea .
- Gyeongju, one of the world’s most notable ‘ancient cities’, was the capital of the Shilla kingdom, ranking it amongst other great epicentres of civilization. See remnants from 1000 years of Silla heritage. This a World Heritage Site.
- Jeju Volcanic Island and Lava Tubes are located on the Republic of Korea’s largest island, Jeju-do. This volcanic island featuring some of the largest empty caves in the world. It is also a World Heritage Site
- Temple Stay is a cultural-experience program designed to help people understand Korean Buddhism better. For booking, visit this website: http://eng.templestay.com.
WHOM CAN I ASK OTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT TRAVEL?
- More information can be found at Incheon Tourism Organization or Visit Korea.
- If you have specific questions on travel that are not answered here or online, email us at gmuntravel@gmail[dot]com.