- WHAT IS GLOBAL MODEL UN?
- WHEN WILL GMUN 2010 BE HELD?
- WHERE WILL GMUN 2010 BE HELD?
- WHO ORGANIZES GMUN?
- WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
WHAT IS GLOBAL MODEL UN?
- The Global Model United Nations (GMUN) conference is an annual youth forum organized by the United Nations which brings together the best youth delegates from Model UN conferences around the world
- Approximately 1,000 university level students are invited from UN Member States where MUN conferences are currently active
- The theme for GMUN 2010 is “Towards an Alliance of Civilizations: Bridging Cultures to achieve Peace and Development”.
- The first GMUN conference in August 2009 attracted 350 students from 53 countries around the world
- Delegates will be selected by their Model UN Programmes and evaluated by DPI
WHEN WILL GMUN 2010 BE HELD?
- GMUN 2010 will take place from 14 to 18 August 2010
WHERE WILL GMUN 2010 BE HELD?
- GMUN 2010 will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Check out the section on location and travel for more information
WHO ORGANIZES GMUN?
- GMUN is planned and organized by the United Nations Department of Public Information (UN DPI)
- GMUN's partners are the World Federation of UN Associations, the United Nations Foundation and the UN Fund for International Partnerships
- This year, the UN Alliance of Civilizations will be a partner. The Alliance of Civilizations seeks the cooperation of States and NGOs to create concrete solutions for cross-cultural understanding through youth leadership, education and national strategies.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
- Be formal, this is a United Nations simulation
- Business attire is requested in the GMUN Code of Conduct
- You can also wear the national dress of the country you represent