External Learners (Non Secretariat staff members)
Request access to New York language courses
Important: Secretariat staff members are not concerned by the information on this page.
After having created an inspira account, external learners need then to request access to New York language courses in order to register.
External learners who already have access to New York language courses can go directly to the following step:
register for New York language courses.
If you are an external learner, please follow the below procedure to request access to New York language courses.
Please note that the actual content that you see may change according to your own unique learning profile.
- Log-in to Inspira using your User ID and Password.
- Click on the "Main Menu" item on the top menubar. Then click on the "My Learning" menu item.
- If this is your first time accessing "My Learning" and/or you have not input your job title into Inspira go under the "General Information" pane. Then go to the field that corresponds to "Job Title" and enter your job title. In this example we are entering the job title of "Diplomat". Then click the "Register for Learning" button. If you have already set i[ your job title skip to step 9.
- Click the "My Learning" link.
- Click on the "Request for Learning" link.
- Under the "Raise Request" pane click on the magnifying glass adjacent to the "Learning Type" field.
- In the "Look up Learning Type" window that opens click on "NY Language Course".
- Under the drop down menu for the "UN Entity" field select the entity type that you belong to. In this example we are a "Delegate of a Permanent Mission to the UN".
- In the "Email Address" field reenter your e-mail address and then click on the "Submit Request" button. Note an e-mail message will be sent to the e-mail address that you have input.
- Make sure to not close your Inspira window. Open your e-mail inbox and look for a message sent by "Office_of_Human_Resource_Management@un.org". In the message you will find an embedded link to confirm your learning request. Click on that link which will open a new browser window.
- In the new browser window click on the "Submit Confirmation" button.
- Please wait until you see the below confirmation message appear. Then close that browser window.