Trauma & Crisis Management
This training is designed to provide a general overview of crisis intervention strategies. This training can be combined with the Psychological First Aid training to offer a comprehensive day training.
Program can be adjusted for target audience: such as Managers, Volunteers, Security Officers or Staff at large.
- Definitions of a crisis and crisis reactions
- Typical and atypical crisis reactions
- Basic principles of crisis intervention
- Models of crisis intervention
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Comprehensive Crisis Intervention
- Participants will identify typical and atypical crisis reactions;
- Participants will identify the basic elements of effective crisis intervention;
- Participants will become acquainted with the major models of crisis intervention currently used;
- Participants will have an opportunity to identify their own strengths and challenges in the area of crisis intervention;
- Participants will identify essential aspects of risk assessment that would indicate the need for professional intervention.
2 hours- full day depending on Target Audience
Staff may register directly by contacting:
Ms. Fiona Mackenzie