Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the killing of two United Nations workers in Somalia
New York, 7 April 2014
The Secretary-General condemns in the strongest terms today’s cold-blooded killing of two colleagues working for the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) at Galkayo Airport in Puntland, Somalia. He expresses his deepest condolences to the families, friends and colleagues of the victims.
The Secretary-General urges the relevant authorities to fully investigate this outrageous crime and to bring the perpetrators to justice without delay. He expresses his appreciation to all United Nations staff in Somalia for their continued dedication under difficult circumstances. The United Nations remains determined to support the people and the Federal Government of Somalia in their efforts to strengthen peace, security and the rule of law in the country.
Statements on 7 April 2014
- New York, 7 April 2014 - Statement Attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on Syria
- Kigali, Rwanda, 7 April 2014 - Secretary-General's remarks at ceremony honouring UN staff victims of Rwanda Genocide [as prepared for delivery]
- New York, 7 April 2014 - Secretary-General's message on World Health Day
- New York, 7 April 2014 - Secretary-General's message for the 20th commemoration of the Rwanda Genocide
- Kigali, Rwanda, 7 April 2014 - Remarks at the commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the Rwandan genocide (in English and French)