New York, 3 March 2014 - Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on Bahrain
The Secretary-General condemns the bomb attack today in the village of Daih, Bahrain, which led to the death of three policemen. He conveys his sympathies and condolences to the families of the victims and the Government of Bahrain. Such acts of violence cannot be justified by any cause.The Secretary-General strongly believes that a genuine and all-inclusive political dialogue is the only way forward. He urges all Bahrainis to come together to create a conducive environment for promoting reconciliation.
Statements on 3 March 2014
- New York, 3 March 2014 - Statement by the Secretary-General on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the United Nations Peacekeeping Force in Cyprus (UNFICYP)
- Tarrytown, New, 3 March 2014 - Secretary-General's video message to UNDP Global Management Meeting
- New York, 3 March 2014 - Secretary-General's message on World Wildlife Day: “Go Wild for Wildlife”
- Geneva, 3 March 2014 - Secretary-general's remarks at the opening of the World Wildlife Day Exhibition [As delivered]
- Geneva, 3 March 2014 - Secretary-General's remarks at High-Level Segment of Human Rights Council [scroll down for full English text]