Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on attacks in Mogadishu, Somalia
New York, 15 April 2013
The Secretary-General strongly condemns the deadly attacks in Mogadishu on 14 April at the Regional Court House and near Mogadishu International Airport in which dozens of people were reported killed and injured. These are brazen acts of terrorism against the Government, state institutions and the people of Somalia.
The Secretary-General expresses his sincere condolences to the families of those killed and wishes the injured a rapid recovery. He pays tribute to AMISOM and Somali security forces, whose courage and determination helped to bring the situation back under control.
The Secretary-General is confident that such appalling acts will not derail the determination of the Somali people to achieve peace and security in their country. He reiterates the commitment of the United Nations to support the Federal Government of Somalia, its institutions and the Somali people.
Statements on 15 April 2013
- New York, 15 April 2013 - Secretary-General's remarks at the ceremony to commemorate the 19th anniversary of the genocide in Rwanda
- New York, 15 April 2013 - Secretary-General's remarks at ceremony for handover of paintings by Chinese Artist Wang Linxu
- New York, 15 April 2013 - Statement Attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the resignation of Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad
- New York, 15 April 2013 - Secretary-General's remarks to the Security Council on prevention of conflicts in Africa: Addressing the Root Causes
- Oslo, Norway, 15 April 2013 - Secretary-General's video message to the Oslo Conference on Human Rights, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Gaborone, Botswana, 15 April 2013 - Secretary-General's message to workshop on the Ratification and Implementation of the Kampala Amendments to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court [delivered by Mr. Muburi-Muita, Head of the United Nations Office to the African Union]
- Nairobi, Kenya, 15 April 2013 - Secretary-General's message to UN-Habitat Governing Council [delivered by Mrs Sahle-Work Zewde, Director General, United Nations Office in Nairobi]
- Johannesburg, South Africa, 15 April 2013 - Secretary-General's message to the Global Newborn Health Conference [delivered by Dr. Agostinho Zacarias, Resident Coordinator in South Africa]
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 15 April 2013 - Secretary-General's message to Dubai Global Energy Forum