New York, 21 November 2012 - Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the appointment of Kathy Calvin as United Nations Foundation’s President and Chief Executive Officer
The Secretary-General of the United Nations is pleased to welcome the appointment of Ms. Kathy Calvin, as the United Nations Foundation’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
Ms. Calvin brings to the position her extensive experience as CEO of the Foundation for the past three years and has galvanized much support for the UN, not only in the United States, but globally.
The Secretary-General takes this opportunity to reiterate his gratitude to current President, Senator Timothy E. Wirth, for his dedicated service and leadership and is pleased that he will continue to be deeply engaged as the Vice Chair of the Foundation’s Board of Directors. Under Senator Wirth’s direction, the Foundation launched many campaigns that directly support the UN and its goals.
As we marked the 15th anniversary of the UN Foundation and Ted Turner’s historic $1 billion gift to support UN causes, the Secretary-General wishes to thank Mr. Turner for his extraordinary and unprecedented support in helping to bring fresh solutions to our most challenging global problems.
The Secretary-General looks forward to continuing his engagement with the UN Foundation.
Statements on 21 November 2012
- New York, 21 November 2012 - Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the signing of the Status of Forces Agreement, SOFA, for UNISFA
- Tel Aviv , 21 November 2012 - Secretary-General's remarks to the Security Council [as delivered]
- Baku, Azerbaijan, 21 November 2012 - Secretary-General's video message to International Conference of Asian Political Parties
- Paris, France, 21 November 2012 - Secretary-General's video message to First Global Education for All meeting
- Reduit, Mauritius, 21 November 2012 - Secretary-General's remarks to Global Forum on Migration and Development [delivered by Peter Sutherland, Special Representative for Migration and Development]
- New York, 21 November 2012 - Statement by the Secretary-General on the adoption by the General Assembly’s Third Committee of the resolution “Moratorium on the use of the death penalty”
- New York/Tel Aviv, 21 November 2012 - Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the attack in Tel Aviv, Israel