Secretary-General's video message to Inauguration of UN House in Brasilia
Brasilia, Brazil, 14 November 2012
Foreign MinisterAntônio de Aguiar Patriota, Governor Nelson Tadeu Filippelli, Excellencies, Dear colleagues, Friends,
Congratulations on the inauguration of UN House in Brasilia!
The United Nations is deeply honoured that you have named these new premises after Sergio Vieira de Mello.
Sergio’s life symbolized fully what the United Nations stands for, and how a single individual can make a difference for people around the world.
The values he fought and died for will always live on.
We live in a time of transition. Challenges are interrelated. Poverty, environmental degradation and security threats have to be addressed comprehensively. This UN House will allow you to pool your expertise and generate real results. I hope that as you work together under one roof you also advance jointly toward our shared goals of development in Brazil and around the world.
Acting and delivering as one from this new UN House will create greater efficiency and build an even more productive working relationship with our host country.
I thank the Government and people of Brazil for making the establishment of UN House in Brasilia possible.
And I thank Brazil, once again, for your continued commitment and generous support for the United Nations.
Statements on 14 November 2012
- Djibouti, 14 November 2012 - Secretary-General's message to Ministerial Meeting of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation [delivered by Mr. Haile Menkerios, Special Envoy for Sudan and South Sudan]
- New York, 14 November 2012 - Statement of the Secretary-General on Internal Review Panel Report on Sri Lanka
- , 14 November 2012 - Secretary-General's message to Fourteenth Annual Conference of HIgh Contracting Parties to Amended Protocol II to the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons [delivered by Mr. Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG)]
- , 14 November 2012 - Secretary-General's message to the opening of the 11th Session of the Assembly of States Parties of the International Criminal Court [delivered by UN Legal Counsel Patricia O’Brien]
- The Hague, Netherlands, 14 November 2012 - Secretary-General's video message on the occasion of the 10th Anniversary of the International Criminal Court
- New York, 14 November 2012 - Secretary-General's video message for "Climate Reality Project: The Dirty Weather Report" Webcast, 14-15 November
- Qatar, 14 November 2012 - Secretary-General's message to International Conference on Food Security in Drylands
- New York, 14 November 2012 - Secretary-General's message on World Diabetes Day
- New York, 14 November 2012 - Secretary-General's remarks at Memorial for Fallen Staff