New York, 11 October 2011 - Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on attack against UNAMID peacekeepers in DarfurThe Secretary-General strongly condemns the attack on 10 October against peacekeepers of the African Union-United Nations Joint Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) in which two military personnel and one police advisor were killed and six peacekeepers were injured, three of them seriously.
The attack, by unidentified armed men, took place near the Zam Zam internally displaced persons camp in North Darfur while the peacekeepers were undertaking a confidence-building patrol.
The Secretary-General extends to the families of the deceased his deepest sympathy. The Secretary-General appeals to the Sudanese authorities to investigate the incident and to bring to justice the perpetrators as soon as possible.
Statements on 11 October 2011
- New York, 11 October 2011 - Statement Attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the 9 October 2011 presidential election in Cameroon [scroll down for French version]
- New York, 11 October 2011 - Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the elections in Liberia
- Seoul, Republic of Korea, 11 October 2011 - Secretary-General's video message to Asia Pacific Regional Conference on Business and Human Rights for National Human Rights Institutions
- Astana, Kazakhstan, 11 October 2011 - Secretary-General's video message to the International Conference on a World Free of Nuclear Weapons (11-13 October 2011)
- Copenhagen, Denmark, 11 October 2011 - Secretary-General''s Remarks to the Global Green Growth Forum [As delivered]