New York, 21 September 2011 - Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General Release of Shane Bauer and Joshua Fattal in IranThe Secretary-General welcomes the release from prison in Iran of the two US nationals, Shane Bauer and Joshua Fattal. The Secretary-General appreciates the decision of the Iranian authorities to positively respond to international appeals on humanitarian grounds. He commends all parties who helped to secure their release.
Statements on 21 September 2011
- New York, 21 September 2011 - Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the signing of a roadmap to end the crisis in Madagascar [scroll down for French version]
- Yekaterinburg, Russian Federation, 21 September 2011 - Secretary-General's message to second international meeting of High Representatives on Security Issues [delivered by Mr. Mr. Sandeep Chawla, Deputy Executive Director of UNODC]
- Astana, Kazakhstan, 21 September 2011 - Secretary-General's message to seventh "Environment for Europe" Ministerial Conference [Delivered by Mr. Jan Kubis, Executive Secretary, UN Economic Commission for Europe (ECE)]
- New York, 21 September 2011 - Secretary-General's message on International Day of Peace
- New York, 21 September 2011 - Secretary-General's Report to the General Assembly “We The Peoples” [scroll down fro French]