New York, 20 June 2005 - Statement Attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on Guinea-Bissau electionsThe Secretary-General welcomes the peaceful conduct of presidential elections in Guinea-Bissau on 19 June 2005. He commends the people of Guinea-Bissau for turning out in large numbers to choose their new leader. He reiterates his call on all segments of society to refrain from any statement or action that could provoke any tensions and urges all candidates to accept the election results.
Statements on 20 June 2005
- New York, 20 June 2005 - Secretary-General's address to the international councillors of the Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Rome, 20 June 2005 - Secretary-General's message to the replenishment meeting of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (delivered by Dr. Peter Piot, Executive Director of UNAIDS)
- New York, 20 June 2005 - Statement Attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on appointment of his Special Envoy for Zimbabwe
- New York, 20 June 2005 - Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on Lebanese elections
- New York, 20 June 2005 - Secretary-General's message on World Refugee Day