Readout of Secretary-General's meeting with H.E. Mr. Rodrigo Malmierca, Cuba's Foreign Trade and Investment Minister
Havana, 27 January 2014
The Secretary-General met today with H.E. Mr. Rodrigo Malmierca, Cuba's Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment. They noted the extensive dialogue that had taken place between many Cuban interlocutors and the United Nations in formulating the latest UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF). The Secretary-General congratulated Cuba on the new UNDAF and said it had been a participatory process that was done in a spirit of partnership.
The Secretary-General also congratulated the Minister on the opening of Cuba's new deepwater port of Mariel today. They also discussed the impact of US sanctions, Cuba's economic and social transformation and the UN's relevance in assisting with that transformation.
Readouts on 27 January 2014
- Havana - Readout of the Secretary-General’s meeting with H.E. Mr. Esteban Lazo Hernández, President of the National Assembly of the People’s Power of Cuba
- Havana - Readout of the Secretary-General’s meeting with H.E. Mr. Marino Murillo, Vice-President of the Council of Ministers and Chairman of the Permanent Commission for Implementation and Development of the Economic and Social Policy Guidelines
- Havana - Readout of the Secretary-General’s meeting with H.E. Mr. Miguel Díaz-Canel, First Vice-President of the Council of State and the Council of Ministers of Cuba
- Havana - Readout of the Secretary-General’s meeting with H.E. Mr. Raúl Castro Ruz, President of Cuba
- New York/Havana - Readout of the Secretary-General's phone call with H.E. Mr. Viktor Yanukovych, President of Ukraine