Readout of the Secretary-General's phone call with H.E. Mr. Viktor Yanukovych, President of Ukraine
New York/Havana, 27 January 2014
The Secretary-General spoke today with the President of Ukraine, H.E. Mr. Viktor Yanukovych.
He informed the President that he has continued to follow the situation in Ukraine closely and shared his grave concern about recent developments in the country.
The Secretary-General recalled his statement of 20 January, calling for meaningful, sustained and inclusive dialogue by all parties in order to find a solution to the crisis and prevent further bloodshed. He encouraged the President to lead the way to a constructive dialogue process to help resolve the crisis in his country peacefully and through compromise.
The Secretary-General assured the President that the United Nations stood by Ukraine and its people.
Readouts on 27 January 2014
- Havana - Readout of the Secretary-General’s meeting with H.E. Mr. Esteban Lazo Hernández, President of the National Assembly of the People’s Power of Cuba
- Havana - Readout of Secretary-General's meeting with H.E. Mr. Rodrigo Malmierca, Cuba's Foreign Trade and Investment Minister
- Havana - Readout of the Secretary-General’s meeting with H.E. Mr. Marino Murillo, Vice-President of the Council of Ministers and Chairman of the Permanent Commission for Implementation and Development of the Economic and Social Policy Guidelines
- Havana - Readout of the Secretary-General’s meeting with H.E. Mr. Miguel Díaz-Canel, First Vice-President of the Council of State and the Council of Ministers of Cuba
- Havana - Readout of the Secretary-General’s meeting with H.E. Mr. Raúl Castro Ruz, President of Cuba