HIGH LEVEL POLITICAL FORUM (HLPF)
The HLPF is the main United Nations platform on sustainable development and it has a central role in the follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the global level. General Assembly resolution 70/299 provides further guidance on the follow-up and review of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs. The Forum adopts intergovernmentally negotiated political declarations.
2018 High-Level Political Forum
The 2018 High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development is the essential global forum for reviewing successes, challenges and lessons learned on achieving the SDGs. The meeting will be convened under the auspices of the UN Economic and Social Council. The theme this year will be "Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies”.
47 countries are expected to present their Voluntary National Reviews at this year’s Forum. This year’s focus highlights progress on:
- Goal 6: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 15: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 17: Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development