The List established and maintained by the Committee
pursuant to resolutions 2127 (2013)
with respect to individuals, groups, undertakings
Click Button for:
Click Button for:
I. General information
The Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 2127 (2013) (hereafter referred to as the Committee) oversees the implementation by States of the sanctions measures (assets freeze, travel ban and arms embargo) imposed by the Security Council on the list of individuals and entities subject to the sanctions measures imposed by resolutions 2127 (2013) and 2134 (2014).
The Security Council has obliged all States to:
- prevent the direct or indirect supply, sale or transfer to the CAR, from or through their territories or by their nationals, or using their flag vessels or aircraft, of arms and related materiel of all types
- prevent the entry into or transit through their territories of individuals designated by the Committee,
- freeze without delay all funds, other financial assets and economic resources which are on their territories, which are owned or controlled, directly or indirectly prevent the entry into or the transit through their territories
II. Criteria for listing
Last updated on 13 May 2014 in accordance with paragraphs 36 and 37 of resolution 2134 (2014) which read:
Paragraph 36: Decides that the measures contained in paragraphs 30 and 32 shall apply to the individuals and entities designated by the Committee as engaging in or providing support for acts that undermine the peace, stability or security of the CAR, including acts that threaten or violate transitional agreements, or that threaten or impede the political transition process, including a transition toward free and fair democratic elections, or that fuel violence;
Paragraph 37: Further decides in this regard that the measures contained in paragraphs 30 and 32 shall also apply to the individuals and entities designated by the Committee as:
(a) acting in violation of the arms embargo established in paragraph 54 of resolution 2127 (2013), or as having directly or indirectly supplied, sold, or transferred to armed groups or criminal networks in CAR, or as having been the recipient of arms or any related materiel, or any technical advice, training, or assistance, including financing and financial assistance, related to violent activities of armed groups or criminal networks in CAR;
(b) involved in planning, directing, or committing acts that violate international human rights law or international humanitarian law, as applicable, or that constitute human rights abuses or violations, in the CAR, including acts involving sexual violence, targeting of civilians, ethnic- or religious-based attacks, attacks on schools and hospitals, and abduction and forced displacement;
(c) recruiting or using children in armed conflict in the CAR, in violation of applicable international law;
(d) providing support for armed groups or criminal networks through the illicit exploitation of natural resources, including diamonds and wildlife and wildlife products, in the CAR;
(e) obstructing the delivery of humanitarian assistance to CAR, or access to, or distribution of, humanitarian assistance in CAR;
(f) involved in planning, directing, sponsoring, or conducting attacks against UN missions or international security presences, including BINUCA, MISCA, the European Union operation and the other forces who support them;
(g) are leaders of, have provided support to, or acted for or on behalf of or at the direction of, an entity that the Committee has designated pursuant to this paragraph or paragraph 36 of this resolution;
III. Explanation of the List
The 2127 (2013) Sanctions List consists of two sections, specified below:
- Individuals (3 individuals)
- Entities (none)
Names and identifying information on the sanctions list are been submitted to the Committee by United Nations Member States and international organizations. All geographical locations are reproduced as submitted and are cited without prejudice to their political or legal status. Narrative summaries of reasons for listing, can also be found on the Committee’s website.
The list has several fields for identifiers. Where information is lacking, the letters "na" (not available) denote that the Committee has not yet been able to obtain it. Explanations of the fields are provided below.
- Permanent reference number.
- Name 1, Name 2, Name 3, Name 4: Four separate name fields have been provided in order to accommodate the full range of naming conventions used in all cultures. For example, for Arabic names, Name 1 is the individual's first name/given name, Name 2 is the name of the individual's father, Name 3 is the name of the individual's grandfather and Name 4 is the individual's family name/surname/last name (if known).
- Title: Honorary, professional, religious or other title (current or last held).
- Designation: Official title/position/occupation.
- DOB: Date of birth, including alternative date(s) of birth.
- POB: Place of birth, including alternative place(s) of birth.
- Good quality a.k.a.: Alias(es) (also known as) sufficient for a positive identification. Note that names in this field are not separated as Name 1, 2, 3, 4 but are listed as full names.
- Low quality a.k.a.: Alias(es) (also known as) probably insufficient alone for a positive identification.
- Nationality: previous or current nationality or citizenship.
- Passport no.: Passport, travel or substitute/auxiliary document number(s).
- National identification no.: such as ID card numbers, Social Security numbers, Fiscal Code or Tax Identification numbers
- Address: permanent, temporary or previous residence(s) or address(es) for correspondence.
- Listed on: date on which the Committee placed the individual on the sanctions list and of any amendments it made regarding the listed individual.
- Other information: Supplementary information relevant to identification of the individual.
- Permanent reference number.
- Name: name of entity and any acronyms.
- A.k.a.: Alias(es) (also known as) and any acronyms.
- F.k.a.: formerly known as and any acronyms.
- Address: Address(es) where entity is domiciled or registered or has branch(es)/office(s) or correspondence address(es).
- Listed on: date on which the sanctions committee placed the entity on the sanctions list and of any amendments it made regarding the listed entity.
- Other information: Supplementary information relevant to identification of the entity.
The Committee will continue to update the list on a regular basis.