|Department of Public Information • News and Media Division • New York|
Independent Audit Advisory Committee Holds Twenty-Sixth Session
At New York Headquarters, 8-10 April
The Independent Audit Advisory Committee of the United Nations (IAAC) held its twenty-sixth session from 8 to 10 April 2014. Presiding over the session, held at United Nations Headquarters in New York, was the Chairman, J. Christopher Mihm. All the other current members of IAAC, namely John F. S. Muwanga (Vice-Chairman), Patricia X. Arriagada Villouta, Natalia A. Bocharova and Maria Gracia M. Pulido Tan, were in attendance.
IAAC members welcomed Ms. Arriagada ( Chile) as a recently appointed member.
IAAC’s deliberations included, inter alia, meetings with:
1. Cihan Terzi and Jorge Flores Callejas, Chairman and Vice-Chairman, respectively, of the Joint Inspection Unit (JIU), via video conference, on a wide range of issues pertaining to JIU’s annual report for 2013, the programme of work for 2014 and the ongoing cooperation and coordination taking place among the oversight bodies.
2. Yukio Takasu, Under-Secretary-General for Management, on the status of implementation of oversight bodies’ recommendations, including any apparent trends, the implementation of ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) in the Secretariat and implementation of the accountability system within the context of the ongoing transformational projects.
3. Carman Lapointe, Under-Secretary-General, and senior managers of the Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) regarding a wide range of matters, which included: vacancies, OIOS strategic planning, annual and biannual goals and performance measures for the outcomes and impacts sections of the “OIOS Programme Impact Pathway” for OIOS divisions.
4. Chandramouli Ramanathan, Deputy Controller, on the status of implementation of the International Public Sector Accounting Standards in the Secretariat and other matters of importance to the Committee.
5. The next (twenty-seventh) session of IAAC is scheduled for 9 to 11 July 2014 at United Nations Headquarters in New York.
For further information on the work of IAAC, please contact the Committee’s Executive Secretary, Moses Bamuwamye, at e-mail: email@example.com, tel.: +1 212 963 0788 or fax: +1 212 963 0600.
* *** *