|Department of Public Information • News and Media Division • New York|
Independent Audit Advisory Committee Concludes Twenty-third Session
The Independent Audit Advisory Committee of the United Nations (IAAC) held its twenty-third session from 1-3 July 2013. The session, held at United Nations Headquarters in New York, was presided over by the Chairman, J. Christopher Mihm. All the other members of the Independent Audit Advisory Committee, namely Vadim V. Dubinkin (Vice Chairman), Vinod Rai, John F. S. Muwanga and Adrian P. Strachan, were in attendance.
The Independent Audit Advisory Committee’s deliberations included inter-alia meetings with:
1. Chandramouli Ramanathan, Deputy Controller, on the status of implementation of the International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) in the Secretariat.
2. Carman Lapointe, Under-Secretary-General, and senior managers of the Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) regarding a wide range of matters, including: (i) operational constraints; (ii) the status of vacant posts; (iii) General Assembly deliberation and decision on the Support Account budget for OIOS; (iv) the status of work plan implementation-planned vs. actual- and implementation of OIOS recommendations as contained in the first quarterly reports; (v) the status of implementation of the various reviews for each of the Divisions; (vi) the status of implementation of the Independent Audit Advisory Committee recommendations; and (vii) issues of high risk that require the Independent Audit Advisory Committee’s attention.
3. Susana Malcorra, Chef de Cabinet, on behalf of the Secretary-General, on the activities of the Independent Audit Advisory Committee over the last year.
4. Yukio Takasu, Under-Secretary-General for Management, on the progress that the Administration has made with respect to the implementation of the accountability resolution including the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and on the status of implementation of oversight bodies’ recommendations including any apparent trends.
5. Michael Adlerstein, Assistant-Secretary-General, Executive Director of Capital Master Plan, on Capital Master Plan’s risk management process and on the status of the project.
6. Uren Pillay, Officer-in-Charge, Enterprise Resource Planning Project (UMOJA), on behalf of Ernesto Baca, Assistant Secretary-General, on the status of implementation of the UMOJA Project.
7. Tony Banbury, Assistant-Secretary-General, Department of Field Support (DFS) on behalf of Ameerah Haq, Under-Secretary-General, Department of Field Support, on the implementation of Enterprise Risk Management in Department of Peacekeeping Operations/Department of Field Support (DPKO/DFS).
The next (twenty-fourth) session of the Independent Audit Advisory Committee is scheduled for 11-13 December 2013 at United Nations Headquarters in New York.
For further information on the work of the Independent Audit Advisory Committee, please contact the Committee’s Executive Secretary, Moses Bamuwamye, at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel.: +1 212 963 0788; fax: +1 212 963 0600.
* *** *