16 January 2015 from 1:15pm – 2:45pm
Civil society representatives are invited to a special interactive dialogue with the President of the General Assembly to be held at United Nations Headquarters in New York.
Venue: Trusteeship Council Chamber
The dialogue will take place in advance of the five high-level thematic debates and event that the General Assembly President will host in 2015 as a contribution to delivering on and implementing a transformative post-2015 development agenda, namely:
- High-Level Thematic Debate on Means of Implementation for a Transformative Post-2015 development agenda (9-10 February 2015)
- High-Level Thematic Debate on Advancing Gender equality and empowerment of Women in the Post-2015 development agenda (6 March 2015)
- High-Level Thematic Debate on Promoting Tolerance and Reconciliation (6 April 2015 TBC)
- High-Level Thematic Debate on Strengthening Cooperation between the UN and regional and sub-regional organizations (15 May 2015)
- High-Level Event on Climate Change (29 June 2015)
The primary objective of the briefing will be to inform and encourage the contributions of civil society and other relevant stakeholders in the events. The session will include a general briefing on the five events, followed by an open and interactive Q&A with representatives of civil society organizations, major groups and other relevant stakeholders who will have the opportunity to focus their interventions on key issues that they would like to see reflected in the framework of the President of the General Assembly’s events. The interventions have the potential to contribute to the substantive background papers that will be prepared for the five events.
How to access the event:
If you have a valid UN Grounds Pass, you may attend the event without an additional ticket.