PROMOTE GENDER EQUALITY AND EMPOWER WOMEN
Eliminate gender disparity in primary and secondary education, preferably by 2005, and in all levels of education no later than 2015
- The developing countries as a whole have achieved the target to eliminate gender disparity in primary, secondary and tertiary education.
- Globally, about three quarters of working-age men participate in the labour force, compared to half of working-age women.
- Women make up 41 per cent of paid workers outside of agriculture, an increase from 35 per cent in 1990.
- The average proportion of women in parliament has nearly doubled over the past 20 years.
- Women continue to experience significant gaps in terms of poverty, labour market and wages, as well as participation in private and public decision-making.
MDG 3 Infographic
Women's Empowerment/ Nepal: Women Weavers Launch Businesses