- Look at a photo gallery of the Advocates.
- Coming Together for Water for the Word (January 2012) By Jan Eliasson
- The maligned malaria (April 2011) By Tony Blair and Ray Chambers
- Sanitary water: the key to preventing epidemics (February 2011) By Jan Eliasson
- Cancún must be about more than climate change (November 2010) By Wangari Maathai
- Africa must feed itself (October 2010) By Akin Adesina, Wangari Maathai and Graça Machel
- Replenish the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, and Malaria (October 2010)
By Akin Adesina, Mukesh Ambani, Stine Bosse, Ray Chambers, Dho Young-Shim, Philippe Douste-Blazy, Jan Eliasson, Julio Frenk, Graça Machel, Wangari Maathai and Jeffrey Sachs
- A fair shot for the world (September 2010) By Ted Turner
- Julio Frenk on global health, women and girls, education and more (December 2010)
- Akin Adesina on agriculture and the Advocacy Group's plans to achieve MDG 1, eradicating extreme poverty and hunger (July 2010)
- NY Times: Qatari Spearheads Effort to Educate 61 Million Children
- Financial Times: Changing the world on the quiet
- Education key to achieving Millennium Goals, says Sheikha Moza
UN NewsCentre Stories
- UN Advocates agree to targeted actions in support of anti-poverty goals (September 2011)
MDG Advocates have agreed to lead a series of targeted actions to boost the achievement of the United Nations targets to slash hunger, poverty, disease and lack of access to education by 2015.
- Ban mobilizes his ‘superheroes’ to give added thrust to MDGs (September 2010)
Continuing his drive to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon rallied his “superheroes,” a group of eminent personalities he appointed to boost the effort to slash hunger, poverty, disease and lack of access to education by 2015.
- Role of UN advocacy group vital to achieving anti-poverty targets, Ban says (July 2010)
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon underscored the vital role played by the group of current and former political leaders, businesspeople and thinkers he set up last month to spur action on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), stating that the time has come to turn commitments into action.
- Ban unveils ‘collection of superheroes’ to help eradicate poverty (June 2010)
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced that he is establishing an advocacy group of eminent persons to try to galvanize support worldwide towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by their target date of 2015.
- MDG Summit, 22 September 2010
The MDG Advocacy Group meets at a special event during the Summit in New York.
- Akin Adesina
Vice President of the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (Nigeria)
- Stine Bosse
CEO of TrygVesta Group, Chairman of Børnefonden / The Childrens’ Fund (Denmark)
- Ray Chambers
United Nations Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for Malaria (United States)
- Dho Young-Shim
Chairperson of the UN World Tourism Organization’s Sustainable Tourism for Eliminating Poverty (ST-EP) Foundation (Republic of Korea)
- Philippe Douste-Blazy
United Nations Special Advisor on innovative financing for development (France)
- Jan Eliasson
Chair of WaterAid Sweden, Former President of the UN General Assembly (Sweden)
- Wangari Maathai
Nobel Peace Prize Winner, environmental and political activist (Kenya)
- Graça Machel
Former First Lady of South Africa and Mozambique, advocate for women’s and children’s rights
- Ted Turner
Philanthropist, Chairman of the United Nations Foundation (United States)
- Wang Yingfan
Vice-Chairman, Foreign Affairs Committee, Chinese National People's Congress 2003-2008