Global Sustainability Panel Introduces its Report to the International Community in Geneva
Time: 11:00am, 6 February 2012,
Venue: Palais des nations, Room XX, United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), Geneva
Ms. Micheline Calmy-Rey, former President of Switzerland and Member of the High-level Panel on Global Sustainability (GSP), will be the main speaker at a panel discussion on the GSP report to be hosted by the UNOG Director-General, Mr. Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, with the participation of other high-level personalities. This will be an important opportunity for the diplomatic corps, United Nations system entities, other international organizations, civil society and media based in Geneva to learn more about the work of the High-level Panel and debate how to take its recommendations forward.
- Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva
- Micheline Calmy-Rey, Member of the High-level Panel; Former President of Switzerland
- Claude Hauser, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Federation of Migros Cooperatives
- Bertrand Piccard, President of the Solar Impulse Project
- Michel Jarraud, Secretary-General of the World Meteorological Organization
- Juan Somavia, Director-General of the International Labour Organization
- Mark Halle, Europe Representative of the International Institute for Sustainable Development
- James Leape, Director General of World Wildlife Fund International
- Janos Pasztor, Executive Secretary of the High-level Panel on Global Sustainability
UN Photo/Jean-Marc Ferré
On the Panel from left: Michel Jarraud, Juan Somavia, Micheline Calmy-Rey, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev,
Janos Pasztor, Bertrand Piccard, Claude Hauser, James Leape, and Mark Halle.