INFORMAL INTERACTIVE DIALOGUE OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
"EARLY WARNING, ASSESSMENT, AND THE RESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT"
9 August 2010, United Nations Headquarters
- Satement by Edward C. Luck - Special Adviser to the United Nations Secretary-General
- Presentation by Dr. Francis Deng - Special Adviser on the Prevention of Genocide
- Presentation by Andrea Bartoli - Director, Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution, George Mason University
- Statement by Dr. Bertrand G. Ramcharan -First Swiss Chair of Human Rights, Geneva Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies; Former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights ad interim
- Presentation by Professor Muna Ndulo - Professor of Law, Director of the Institute for African Development, Cornell University
- Note Verbale dated 29 July to all Permanent Missions and Permanent Observer Missions to the United Nations regarding an informal interactive dialogue of the General Assembly on "Early Warning, Assessment, and the Responsibility to Protect" to be held on 9 August 2010.
- Resolution adopted by the General Assembly (A/RES/63/308)
- Secretary-General's report on early warning, assessment and responsibility to protect (A/64/864)
- Secretary-General's report on the Responsibility to Protect (A/63/677)