NOTE ATTRIBUTABLE TO THE SPOKESPERSON OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
United Nations, New York, 23 September 2009
On 23 September 2009 the President of the United Nations General Assembly, H.E. Dr. Ali Abdussalam Treki, met separately with several leaders, namely:
- H.E. Dr. Danilo Turk, President of Slovenia, and his delegation;
- H.E. Mr. Cristian Diaconescu, Foreign Minister of Romania, and his delegation;
- H.E. Mr. Victor Yushchenko, President of Ukraine, and his delegation;
- H.E. Mr. Ahmed Abou Gheit, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Egypt. Mr. Abou Gheit was accompanied by Mr. Maged Abdelaziz, Permanent Representative of Egypt to the united Nations and Mr. Hossam Zaki, Deputy Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs;
- H.E. Mr. Miroslav Lajcak, Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Slovak Republic; Mr. Lajcak was accompanied by H.E. Mr. Milos Koterec, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Slovakia to the United nations; H.E. Mr. Miroslav Kottman, Chef de Cabinet, Office of the Minister; H.E. Mrs. Maria Krasnohorska, Director General for multilateral organizations; and Mr. Manuel Korcek, Counsellor, Deputy Permanent Representative of Slovakia to the United Nations.
- H.E. Archbishop Dominique Mamberti, the Holy See’s Secretary for relations with States (Foreign Minister). Archbishop Mamberti was accompanied by H.E. Archbishop Celestino Migliore, Apostolic Nuncio, Permanent Observer of the Holy See and Mr. Paolo Conversi, Official of the Secretariat of State.
- H.E. Ms. Aurelia Frick, Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Principality of Liechtenstein, and her delegation.
On the same day, Dr. Treki also joined other world leaders at a lunch hosted by the United Nations Secretary-General. Later in the evening, he attended a reception hosted by the President of the United States and Mrs. Obama at the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art on the occasion of the sixty-fourth session of the United Nations General Assembly.