Commission on Financial Reforms
The Commission of Experts of the President of the UN General Assembly on Reforms of the International Monetary and Financial System
Members of the Commission
- Mr. Joseph Stiglitz (USA) (Chair) University Professor, Columbia University, Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences (2001). Former Senior Vice President and Chief Economist of the World Bank.
- Mr. Andrei Bougrov (Russia) Managing Director and member of the Board of Directors of the Interros Company. Former Principal Resident Representative of Russia, Executive Director and member of the Board of Directors of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
- Mr. Yousef Boutros-Ghali (Egypt) Minister of Finance. Chair of the International Monetary and Financial Committee of the Board of Governors of the International Monetary Fund.
- Mr. Jean-Paul Fitoussi (France) Professor of Economics at the Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris since 1982. Currently President of the Scientific Council of the Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris and President of the Observatoire Français des Conjunctures Economiques.
- Mr. Charles A. E. Goodhart (UK) Norman Sosnow Professor of Banking and Finance Emeritus, London School of Economics. Former Chief Advisor to the Bank of England and member of its Monetary Policy Committee.
- Mr. Robert Johnson (USA) Former Chief Economist of the US Senate Banking Committee and former Senior Economist of the U.S. Senate Budget Committee. Former managing director at Soros Fund Management. Member of the Board of Directors of the Economic Policy Institute and the Institute for America's Future.
- Mr. Jomo Kwame Sundaram (United Nations) Assistant Secretary-General for Economic Development, United Nations Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Mr. Benno Ndulo (Tanzania) Governor of the Bank of Tanzania.
- Mr. José Antonio Ocampo (Colombia) Former UN Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs and Finance Minister, Colombia. Currently Professor, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University.
- Mr. Pedro Páez (Ecuador) Former Minister for Economic Coordination, Ecuador.
- Mr. Avinash Persaud (Barbados) Chairman of Intelligence Capital Limited. Member of council, London School of Economics. Founding director of the Global Association of Risk Professionals.
- Mr. Yaga Venugopal Reddy (India) Former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Mr. Rubens Ricupero (Brazil) Former Secretary-General of UNCTAD. Former Minister of Finance of Brazil.
- Mr. Eisuke Sakakibara (Japan) Former Vice Minister of Finance for International Affairs. Currently Professor at Waseda University, Tokyo.
- Mr. Chukwuma Soludo (Nigeria) Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria.
- Ms. Heidemarie Wieczorek-Zeul (Germany) Federal Minister of Cooperation and Development.
- Mr. Yu Yongding (China) Director, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. Former Member of Monetary Policy Committee, People’s Bank of China.
- Ms. Zeti Akhtar Aziz (Malaysia) Governor and Chairman, Central Bank of Malaysia.
- Mr. Jan Kregel - Former UNDESA senior staff member now Senior Scholar, Levy Economics Institute of Bard College and Distinguished Research Professor, University of Missouri, Kansas City.
Special Representatives of the President of the General Assembly
- Mr. François Houtart (Belgium)
- Mr. Ali Boukrami (Algeria)
- Mr. Oswaldo Martínez (Cuba)