1. When does the sixty-first session of the General Assembly open?
The sixty-first session of the General Assembly opens on Tuesday, 12 September 2006.
2. What are the dates of the High-level Dialogue on International Migration and Development, the High-level Meeting on the midterm comprehensive global review of the implementation of the Programme of Action for the Least Developed Countries for the Decade 2001-2010 and the general debate?
3. How do I contact the President of the sixty-first General Assembly?
Her Excellency, Ms. Haya Rashed Al-Khalifa (Bahrain)
Room C-204, Telephone: (212) 963-7555; Fax: (212) 963-3301
[The office of the President is located on the 2nd floor of the Conference Building, between the ECOSOC and Trusteeship Council Chambers].
4. How many copies of statements are needed for distribution
in the General Assembly Hall? Where and when do I deliver
Before meeting begins, deliver statements to the documents counter on the left side of the General Assembly Hall or to the conference officer.
300 copies for general distribution; or
30 copies for minimum distribution; or
at least 15 copies for interpreters and press officers only.
5. Can documents or other materials relevant to the meetings
available in the General Assembly Hall for the meeting?
Only UN documents and statements of speakers can be distributed in the Hall before or during a meeting. Any other pertinent materials can be made available in the General Assembly Hall upon authorization by the Chief of the General Assembly Affairs Branch (Tel: 1 (212) 963-2336, Room S-2925, or call 1 (212) 963-7787 in Room GA-200).
6. What is the procedure for tabling a draft resolution?
7. How can a Member State co-sponsor a draft resolution?
Member States wishing to co-sponsor a particular draft resolution may sign up with the Member State coordinating the draft resolution or with the staff member of the General Assembly Affairs Branch responsible for draft resolutions in the General Assembly Hall during plenary meetings, or at other times in room S-2994B or S-2925.
8. Where can I get a blank copy of the co-sponsorship form?
From the offices of the General Assembly Affairs Branch, room S-2994B or S-2925, or in the General Assembly Hall during plenary meetings.
9. Where can I get a copy of the voting record on the resolution
Voting records are distributed to all Member States in the General Assembly Hall immediately after the adoption. Copies can also be obtained from the General Assembly Affairs Branch in room S-2940A or S-2925.
10. Where can I get a copy of the resolution adopted?
A few weeks after adoption, resolutions are published in the A/RES/ series of documents. Until then, the text is contained in the “L” document and on the ODS or in the report of the relevant Committee.
11. How can I find out the programme of work of the respective
Call the Secretary of the respective Main Committee. The Secretaries’ names, office locations and telephone numbers are available in document "Membership of Main Committees" ( A/INF/61/2).
12. How do I arrange for a videotape of my head of State’s
statement in the General Assembly Hall? Photographs?
For videotaping: Contact the Chief, Broadcast and Conference Support Section,
Fax: 1 (212) 963-3699; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
For photographs: Photos of heads of State delivering statements in the plenary of the General Assembly are routinely taken and available from the UN Photo Resource Centre, room S-0805L, Tel: 1 (212) 963-6927 or 963-0034, Fax: 1 (212) 963-1658. Special requests for other photographs may be addressed to Mr. Mark Garten, room S-0950B, Tel: 1 (917) 367-9652; such requests can be accommodated only as staffing constraints allow.