General Committee is composed of the President and 21 Vice-Presidents
of the Assembly and the Chairmen of the six Main Committees.
- President: H.E. Sheikha Haya Rashed Al Khalifa (Bahrain)
- Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
- Russian Federation
- United Kingdom
- United States
of Main Committees:
- H.E. Ms. Mona Juul (Norway) - First Committee
- H.E. Mrs. Tiina Intelmann (Estonia) - Second Committee
- H.E. Mr. Hamid Al Bayati (Iraq) - Third Committee
- H.E. Mr. Madhu Raman Acharya (Nepal) - Fourth Committee
- H.E. Mr. Youcef Yousfi (Algeria) - Fifth Committee
- H.E. Mr. Juan Manuel Gomez Robledo (Mexico) - Sixth Committee
At the beginning of each session, the General Committee considers the provisional agenda and the supplementary list and makes recommendations to the General Assembly.
The General Committee also makes recommendations to the General Assembly concerning the closing date of the session. It assists the President and the General Assembly in drawing up the agenda for each plenary meeting, and in the general conduct of the work of the General Assembly.
It shall not however, decide on any political question.
[Source: Rules of procedures, Section VI]
- Organization of the 61st regular session of the General Assembly
[A/BUR/61/1 + Add.1]
- Reports of the General Committee: